BERLIN introduction and sight seeing
Berlin being the largest city of Germany and crowned as capital offers overwhelming amounts of sightseeing and monuments to any visitor. It may be tough for any one to decide over the places to visit as each place has a special appearance in its own and devise its own beauty with a magnificent style. As such most of the historic monuments were destroyed during World War II, nevertheless, it offers visitors a huge amount of rebuilt and restored pieces. Moreover, the architecture and sky scrapers are marvelous at their construction that deserves at least ‘one look'.
Few of the fascinating destinations are enlisted below:
- Alexanderplatz: it is the busiest and favorite spot for all tourist traffic to be visited. Previously it was one of the most traffic-plagued public areas and earned lot of fame. The gigantic, 220 meter long building on the east of Alexanderplatz is a crown that enhances the beauty of this place.
- BahnofZoo: like past, today it does not share the same rapport being the most famous train station of Berlin , however, it is still considered to be one of the sights seeing of Berlin . Previously, at the time of partition it served as West Berlin Central Station.
- Bebelplatz: Berlin 's largest and most important church seeks to rest under the huge green tomb. It was originally planned as ‘Forum Fridericianum', however, was not able to be constructed completely due to wars and now resumes few of the most important monuments of Berlin .
- Parliament building: it is considered to be one of the important stoppages while going through the tour of Reichstag. A sample of great architectural building serving to the government, definitely deserve to have a glance at.
- Jewish Museum: it leaves a deep mark onto the visitor's minds. It is fascinating building that intimidates visitors featuring even the slightest detail of Jewish culture in Germany .
- Potsdamer Platz: it miraculously turned to one of the biggest building of Europe from the deserted wasteland, after reunion of Berlin . It is a through combination of offices and entertainment complexes providing fun and shopping buzz.
- Hamburgerbahnof: the name may get rats crawling to your stomach but actually, it is the last remaining trains station of Berlin of his first generation of stations. This oldie station was built in 18 th century and no more serve as a train station. Rather, it has been a tourist attraction serving as a museum for traffic and construction.
- ICC: 320 meter long, monumental building is the perfect place that may serve for any kind of event to be organized. This international Congress Centrum has been controversial lad but gradually occupied city's economic life in form of trade fairs and other business meets.
- Unter den Linden : if you are a photo freak, this lane definitely would occupy your treasure collection. This 1.5 Km Street incorporates countless number of monuments guarding at the sides. There are several monuments that you may seek while leading to Brandenburg gate.